Last Christmas a family friend gave us a delicious treat called “Popcorn Crunch” along with the recipe. We all loved it so much. I decided it would be fun to make a version that included candy corn for the fall. And it is even more delicious, especially if you are a fan of candy corn. It is delectably salty, sweet, and crunchy…an addictive combination!
This recipe for Candy Corn Crunch would be perfect to make for a special snack, to hand out to friends and family in the fall, or even to make for a class treat.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Pop your package of popcorn according to the directions and then remove any remaining kernels. Dump it into a large bowl.
2. Add 1 1/2 cups of Rice Krispies.
…3/4 cup of peanuts
…and half of your package of candy corn. Mix well.
3. Place half of the package of Almond Bark into a microwave-safe bowl and follow the package directions to melt it.
4. Once it has partially melted, add 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter.
5. Combine the Almond Bark mixture until it is well blended. Pour over the popcorn mixture and mix well.
6. Lay out the mixture on waxed paper and let it harden.
- 8 cups popcorn (1 package)
- 1½ cups Rice Krispies
- ¾ cup peanuts
- ¾ lb. almond bark (1/2 of a package)
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 pkg of candy corn
- Pop popcorn and clean out all un-popped kernels.
- Add the popcorn, Rice Krispies, peanuts, and half of the package of candy corn to a large bowl or a large bag.
- Melt almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl, according to package directions and stir in peanut butter once partially melted.
- Return mixture to the microwave and heat in 15-second segments until melted.
- Pour almond bark mixture over popcorn mixture and stir/shake until evenly coated.
- Add the remaining candy corn.
- Spread onto waxed paper and let harden (about 30 minutes).