These Crock Pot Party Meatballs are one of my absolute favorite appetizers to serve at the Super Bowl. All you have to do is dump the ingredients in your crock pot and forget about them until you are ready to serve a few hours later.
The meatballs are a magical combination of some really simple ingredients that don’t make sense at all until you have tried them! (Yes, you are totally putting grape jelly into these things…just trust me!) 🙂 My mother-in-law gave me the recipe when I was but a wee brand new bride and they have been enjoyed ever since.
1. Place your bag of frozen meatballs into your crockpot. Pour the entire bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce on top.
2. Dump 11 oz. (about half a bottle) of grape jelly along with 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
3. Set your crockpot on low for a few hours. I don’t even stir it, that is how lazy you can be with these meatballs.
Ta da! 3-hours later! Please note: You will have to stir this time (and I did so before taking this photo). I know, I know…who has time for stirring? 🙂
Poke them with a toothpick and they are good to go! Or you can serve them straight from the crockpot to pile them straight onto the plate. Because I am telling you, one petite little meatball on a stick isn’t going to cut it after you have tried these babies.
- 1 bag of Frozen Homestyle Meatballs
- 1 container of Heinz Chili Sauce (10 ounces)
- 11 ounces of Grape Jelly (about ½ bottle)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place your frozen meatballs into the crockpot.
- Dump chili sauce, grape jelly, and lemon juice over the top. Stir or don't stir...totally up to you!
- Cook on low for about 3 hours.
- Stir together all the sauces and then serve.
What is your favorite Super Bowl food?
Leave a Reply