This is my family’s favorite way to enjoy potatoes (aside from Potato Soup, anyway). We took these potatoes to several dinners last holiday season and they were a huge hit as well!
As you can see from the ingredients, this recipe definitely isn’t healthy. 🙂 It might not be something you enjoy multiple times a week, but an indulgence every now and then isn’t going to hurt.
1. Follow the package directions to microwave the Steam & Mash potatoes.
2. Use a potato masher or mixer to smooth out the texture until it reaches the creaminess you desire.
3. Add 2/3 cup evaporated milk, 2 tablespoons butter, 3 ounces softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 teaspoons chives, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper until mixed thoroughly.
4. Pour into a greased 8×8 pan (please note: I doubled the recipe while taking these photos, so I put it in a 9×13 dish).
5. Top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- 1 package of microwaveable Steam & Mash Potatoes
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk (from the can)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bits of bacon to sprinkle
- Follow directions on the package of microwavable Steam & Mash potatoes.
- Use either a potato masher or kitchen mixer to mix potatoes until smooth.
- Add the butter, evaporated milk, cream cheese, sour cream, chives, salt and pepper and mix.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Top with cheese and bacon sprinkles.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.