Our Kid-Made Heart Dishcloth and Matching Trivet make for the perfect gift for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day for mom, grandma, or any other special lady in your child’s life!
We were inspired by these dishcloths that were made using the eraser end of a pencil. I found that my boys, however, quickly lost patience with this technique and I decided it would work best having larger circles. I found a foam cylinder in a set of foam shapes and we poked a pencil through it to create our very own circle stamp.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Two Shades of Acrylic Paint
1. Place the dishcloth on top of a piece of cardboard. Cut out a heart shape from the contact paper and stick on the dishcloth.
2. Put a pencil through one end of the cylinder to create a stamp.
3. Have your child stamp around the outside of the heart.
4. Repeat the same process for the trivet.
5. Let the paint dry completely.
6. Peel the contact paper hearts off of the dishcloth and trivet.
7. Tie up the dishcloth and trivet.