I love the idea of One Pot Meals…but unfortunately they don’t end up tasting as good as they look. I found this recipe on Kids Activities Blog and was excited to adapt it by caramelizing the onions and using just one extra pot. 🙂 This recipe has quickly become a family favorite…my kids LOVE it (all three of them). And I love that it only takes me 20 minutes to throw together but still packs a punch of folic acid, vitamins, and antioxidants!
1. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter. My pan isn’t dirty…I just need to scour it!
2. Add 1/2 a chopped onion.
3. Meanwhile, add one package of fettuccine and half a bag of spinach to a large pot boiling with water.
4. Continue cooking onions until the edges are golden.
5. Add your carton of mushrooms.
6. Drain the pasta and spinach.
7. Add 3 ounces of cubed cream cheese.
Get ready to add the mushrooms and onions…don’t they look amazing?!?! I love mushrooms!
8. Throw in the mushrooms and onions into the pot and toss until all the pasta has been coated with the cream cheese.
Get ready to dig in and enjoy this SUPER SIMPLE meal!
Check out all of our favorite recipes here.
- 1 box fettuccine
- ½ Tablespoon butter
- 1 carton sliced mushrooms
- ½ bag of spinach
- ½ onion
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Melt ½ tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- Chop ½ an onion and add to the pan. Cook over medium heat until onions are golden in color and then add mushrooms.
- While onions and mushrooms are caramelizing, add fettuccine and spinach to boiling water. Follow package instructions for cook time.
- Once the pasta and spinach has cooked, drain and add in cream cheese while the noodles are still warm.
- Add the onions and mushrooms into the pasta and toss until all fettuccine has been coated.
Leave a Reply